These things came to mind about the time I was working on a New Years Resolution... I took the time to jot down a few things that irritate me. Maybe it's just to get them off my chest so I can deal with them. Of course, my "dealing" with them won't cause many/any to change... it's strictly within myself. I hate to sound like a "Debbie Downer" so I also jotted down some happy things & things I'd like to do or learn to do!
THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF:
- litter & the people who do
- people who don't flush public toilets
- people who don't tip or tip too little
- people who take two parking spaces! LEARN HOW TO PARK or take the bus!
- cigarette butts & smoldering cigarettes
- people who smoke with little kids in the car!
- people who smoke with little kids in the house!
- people on public assistance who seem to have money for cigarettes, booze & drugs... and drive NICE, NEW cars!!
- bottled water...get a resuable bottle & use tap water...invest in a water purifier
- plastic shopping bags! Use those nifty recycled bags & maybe get a discount on your purchases!
- city lights - you can't see the stars!
- kids (& some adults) who have the car stereo cranked up so loud the windows rattle - we'll see them in line for hearing aids in the future
- kids (& some adults) who wear "saggin'" pants. Grow up! You look ridiculous! Buy a belt or pants that fit! They'll be having hip replacements before long!
- "muffin tops" - girls... do you really think having your belly hang over the waistband of your jeans is attractive? Get a full length mirror & take a good look!!
- "camel toe" - again, girls... Did you paint your pants on? or jump off the bed to get into them? How can this possibly be comfortable? ARGH!
- people who allow their children to cry,scream, or pitch a fit in stores. More than once I left a cart full of groceries & took my kids to the car for a "discussion" about store etiquette! Of course I went back in & finished my shopping when it was apparent that we all understood each other!
I'm sure there are other things... but these came to mind loud & clear!
THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE:
- church... being able to worship freely
- the smell of rain in the mountains
- the sound of thunder as it bounces around the mountains
- fuzzy kittens & puppies
- kisses & hugs from my little Hayli!
- getting an unexpected email
- sharing a bottle of wine with friends & listening to good music!
THINGS I WANT TO DO:
- raise a large, productive garden
- can the veggies that grow in my garden
- learn to dehydrate fruits & veggies
- make my own shopping bags (to give as gifts or sell)
- learn to make homemade soap
- learn to make homemade candles
- work on my crocheting skills
- learn better ways of recycling, reusing, repurposing
Anything you want to add?