Wednesday, March 11, 2009

.....Wednesday wonderings.....

It's Hump Day! The weekend is not far off.

Monday I decided to bake bread! Don't get excited... I did it the old fashioned way... I bought a package of 3 frozen loaves of whole wheat bread! We keep our house rather cool (thermostat is set at 65) so the bread didn't rise like I thought it should have. I threw a towel over it & forgot about it... until 11:30 when I was headed to bed! I realized that it had FINALLY doubled in size & was ready to bake... so... I heated up the oven & baked bread! I finally went to bed about half past midnite!

Yesterday we ran to SuperSaver (a local grocery store) and bought a few things. We bought some bulk items - lentils, split peas, dates, nuts and I decided to try blueberry Kefir! I'm not a milk drinker so I'm hoping to get my calcium, Vitamin D & some probiotics from this! I've heard it's really good & good for you so we'll see! We went to the auction last nite... bought nothing! The "egg lady" was there so I did get 2 dozen farm fresh eggs! We went to a favorite Mexican restaurant with friends for a bite to eat instead! We were even home in time to watch "The Mentalist" and "Missing"!

Today is a stay at home day...at least until 5:30. I have a hair appointment at a little salon down the street from where we're living. I'm a bit nervous about it since this is the first time going there. I've gone to the same stylist for years but the last couple times I got my hair cut I've been disappointed.

Not sure what Thursday has in store. We'll be going to the farm to see my folks on Friday. Skeeter likes going to the farm - lots of room to run & lots of cats to chase! I have a couple sewing projects to do while we're there. I have a BIG piece of fabric a friend gave me that I'm going to cut into squares and make into cloth dinner napkins and get some direction from my mom as to how to turn another piece of the same fabric into a kitchen curtain. I also want to go through mom's fabric closet & find some material to make shopping bags! Sewing is NOT my gift... but I CAN sew a straight line which is all any of my little projects take! My mom sews wonderfully - made clothes for me when I was growing up and has made lots of beautiful quilts.

I have a mound of laundry to tackle and a few things to do around the house before my (*gulp) hair appointment. Better get crackin'! Have a great hump day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey how'd you like the kefir? If you get to the point where you would like to have the *real* stuff ;) let me know, because I have a very prolific set of kefir grains that I have been sharing around the country for a few years now. Wow, how was that for a run-on sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you just want to thump your self in the head over the bread!!! That's why I always make it in the morning then I dont space out later in the day! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete