Friday, April 3, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane... on Monday!


All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....(the rest of the verse is pretty depressing)... (chorus): So kiss me & smile for me... tell me that you'll remember to pick me up at the airport... cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane...I'll be back a week from Monday...don't forget to feed the dog! :o) I'd never make it as a lyricist!

I thought I'd write a few lines today since I will most likely be spending tomorrow cleaning house & taking care a few things around here before I leave on Monday morning. I really don't have much to say... that's strange, huh?

*My bag is packed; my carry-on is almost packed.
*My diet - to lose 10 pounds before Monday - is going well. So far I'm down 6 1/2 pounds! 3 1/2 to go!
*The laundry is all but completely caught up. Clothes were hung on the line yesterday because it was so nice; today is not so nice - the last load is currently in the dryer.
*The refrigerator has been cleaned out & reorganized.
*The compost bucket has been dumped & washed.
*The Anaheim peppers we bought Tuesday have been blistered, peeled, chopped & frozen for later use.
*The backyard is currently poo-free... but it's Saturday & there undoubtedly will bet more by tomorrow.
*Tomorrow I will dust, sweep & vacuum.

Right now I'm too pooped to do much else.
For now I'm just waiting for Monday morning to roll around. I was hoping to catch a flight from Lincoln but even with the drive to Omaha/Eppley Field it was cheaper to fly from Omaha. Unfortunately I'll get to spend some quality time in the Newark, NJ airport... about 3 hours it looks like. Hopefully I can find a quiet (?) place to read my book while I'm there. Why waste 3 hours? And then on to Raleigh, NC where Lani will meet me at 9:15 p.m. It's about a 2 hour drive from Raleigh to Jacksonville... so the little girls will already be asleep by the time I arrive. I'm sure by the time Lani & I arrive we'll both either be wired or bone-tired! At any rate, I'll be SO glad to see her! It was different when she was in Iraq - but I still saw her 6 months into her tour when she came home on R&R ... but having her "just" across the country it's still hard not seeing more often! Hard to believe it's been over a year since I've seen her! Wah!
Will try to post while I'm in NC... and maybe add a few pix of the little girls!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wave as you pass by Fayetteville. LOL have a wonderful visit here in NC. Everything is blooming and beautiful at the moment.

    ReplyDelete