Friday, April 17, 2009

It's about time....



I am SO ready to get back to the cabin! City life has been disagreeing with me since we got back... and just seems to get worse the longer we stay. Two nights ago I heard a knocking sound... which seemed to be coming from our back door. Strange, because our backyard is fenced & no one, not even our landlords knock at the back door. I turned on the light but saw nothing. Double checked the deadbolt. I heard another noise... closer to the front of the house. Deadbolt latched, I turned on the porch light... saw nothing. I finally decided it was the neighbors doing something outside. A while later Skeeter wanted to go out. I stepped out on the deck & our neighbor was in his backyard with an LPD officer. It seems while our neighbor was out someone had tried to break into his house... not once (the backdoor) but twice (a window - near the front of his house). The officer asked if I had seen anything. I told him I hadn't seen anythiing but explained what I had heard. I used to really love this town - not so much anymore!

But right now I just feel so sluggish...I've not been doing enough to keep myself moving... I feel very stagnant... like water that's been sitting in a birdbath... a little green around the edges. My jeans are fitting snugger... my tops seem to have mysteriously shrunk... the only thing that still fits are my shoes.

I am SO ready for the fresh mountain air...
the crisp, cool mornings... the crow of the neighbor's rooster at sunrise...
the black night sky dotted with stars... the howl of the coyotes...
the sound of thunder on the mountain... the sound of rain on the metal roof...
going for walks with Skeeter thru the sagebrush... picking up rocks...
cooking outside...the smell of a wood fire...
working on the cabin, making it a home...
cutting wood... planting things...
worshiping in the greatest "church" of all.

Mid-May cannot get here soon enough. With that said, I should be spending some quality time packing... I just hate spending time in the basement. Ugh! The last time we took a truckload out (in November) I spent 2 days hurriedly packing. WAY. Too. Stressful!! Argh!! I do have several boxes already packed... stuff that won't get moved in May... things that won't be needed 'til later... Christmas decorations, miscellaneous decor for the cabin, sweaters. I need to sort/pack my books (by subject/genre - Bibles/religion, health & relationships, survival, politics, non-fiction, fiction, cookbooks, etc. Nerdy? Yup! But in the long run sorting them will save me time!); fold extra sheets/comforters & towels & get them into those vacuum bags, and start packing some of the kitchen stuff.

I'm sure we'll be making another donation to the local Goodwill before we leave. Too. Much. Stuff.

Maybe tomorrow. Ever the procrastinator!

It's noon now... we have to be downtown at 5:00 to meet friends as we're going to the Rococo Theatre for a benefit & some of our favorite bands (The BelAirs AND the Tijuana Gigolos) are playing. By the time I "rest", take a shower, do something (anything!) with my hair, paint my toenails & change clothes 3 or 4 times it will be time to go. Hopefully Jerry will feel better. He's getting a cold.

As far as I know - we have no plans for tomorrow... so... tomorrow I will spend the day working on packing up stuff. I. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment