Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally Friday!

This week went by quickly! I got my airline tickets purchased for my trip to North Carolina to see my girls! I'll get to spend Easter with them! Is it too soon to start packing? It's been over a year since I've seen Lani, my daughter...I can't wait to see them all!!
Tuesday at the auction the kitchen guys (we'll call them Joe & Tommy, cuz that's their names!) made corned beef & cabbage. It smelled SO good but we had had a BIG lunch & I wasn't hungry. I knew there was a corned beef in the freezer and while I laid in bed reading I kept thinking I should go put it in the crockpot... but I fell asleep. I DID put it in Wednesday morning & let it cook all day...and all night... and we had it yesterday for lunch. This slab of meat stuck out of the crockpot - I had to put foil over it because the lid wouldn't fit... but by the time we ate it yesterday it had shrunk to about a third of the size it was going in! We ate almost all of the meat & scooped out the veggies into a casserole dish......... and put ANOTHER corned beef in to cook in the juice! It should be ready for dinner tonite! Do you get the idea that we like corned beef??
Yesterday I washed sheets & towels & hung them on the clothesline to dry. I love how laundry looks on the line... and how it smells! I had washed a load of light colored clothes... but evidently some of the fringe from the red throw rugs I'd washed was left in the washer & turned a couple shirts PINK! I soaked them in OxiClean... one (Jerry's) came clean, the other (mine) did not! I hate using regular bleach, but I may have to resort to it in this instance as this shirt was a favorite! Ugh!
Anyway...while my laundry was hanging out Jerry & I ran a couple errands... followed by a trip to the hardware store & thrift store. While at the hardware store I was looking at the different rubs & spices that were displayed by the grills. I commented to Jerry (er, I thought it was Jerry), rather loudly, "Hey honey! How about some butt rub?!" and a voice from my past said "I don't really care for butt rub!". I turned around to find a guy I had worked with more than 15 years ago! Thank goodness he has a good sense of humor! Jerry also knew him & we talked for a while!
At the thrift store I picked up a few more books (I'll have a library when I'm done!), a pair of Eddie Bauer capris, a black tank top with faux turqoise stones around the neckline and a little black skirt. Jerry found a couple "Sunshine Family" toy sets (still in the box) which he purchase to sell on eBay.
I think tonite is a stay at home nite. Tomorrow there is an auction Jerry wants to go to... about 2 hours from here. The auction bill listed three apartment size gas stoves (we only need one!). We had priced them at Menards - around $350 - so if we can pick one up for less than $100 that would be great! Tomorrow night we have a 50th birthday party to go to! Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment